- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Complex Tort and Product Liability
- Construction Law
- Consumer Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Corporate and Transactional
- Deliberate Intent
- Employment Law
- Government Relations
- Healthcare Regulatory, Transactions & Compliance
- Insurance Coverage & Defense
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
Consumer Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Practice Contact: Bryan N. Price
Banks, retailers, finance companies, insurance companies, and other businesses offering goods and services to consumers continue to be confronted with changing regulations and laws, an increase in litigation, and expensive class action claims.
At Flaherty, our attorneys have defended hundreds of lawsuits regarding alleged violations of federal and state consumer protection statutes, including the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act, the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Truth-in-Lending Act.
Our consumer litigation team has unmatched knowledge and experience to provide a comprehensive breadth of insight into business practices and litigation issues including false and misleading advertising, warranty violations, personal data theft, fraudulent billing, and other types of unfair or deceptive business practices.