Michaela’s Contact Information
Michaela Cloutier is an associate in Flaherty’s Charleston office, where she is a member of our complex tort and product liability practice group. Before serving as a summer associate in our office, Michaela spent a year learning about the ins and outs of litigation from a judge’s perspective as a judicial intern. She brings this knowledge to every motion and document filed on behalf of a client, writing for a judicial audience by highlighting the facts and law that would most concern a judge.
“I consistently choose to invest time on the front end in researching the potential outcomes of litigation, helping clients to avoid unnecessary expenses and risk later. I love that I can leverage my judicial experience and English background to improve the clarity and persuasiveness of my writing.”
Michaela enjoys baking in her spare time and reading historical fiction, primarily focused on the medieval period.
- Juris Doctor, Penn State Dickinson Law (2021)
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Yale University (2018)
Awards & Honors
- CALI Award in Advanced Persuasion
- CALI Award in International Law
- Penn State Dickinson Dean’s Fellow
- Poland’s Challenge to EU Directive 2019/790: Standing up to the Destruction of European Freedom of Expression (student Comment selected for publication)
Other Legal Experience
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2019, 2020)
- Judicial internship for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Senior Editor on Penn State Dickinson Law Review
- Moot Court Team Member