Margaret’s Contact Information
- Practice Concentrations
- Court Admissions
- Professional Involvement
- Community Involvement
- Other Legal Experience
Margaret Droppleman Wassick has managed the defense of thousands of complex litigation cases on behalf of some of the nation’s leading national and multinational corporations. A skilled litigator, Margaret brings more than 26 years of experience to Flaherty– concentrating her skill in the complex world of asbestos defense.
Margaret provides proactive solutions to her clients and strives to reduce their liability and exposure while achieving optimal resolution of their litigation matters. “I provide realistic perspective and representation based on almost two decades of daily experience in the trenches of asbestos mass litigation.” “As a result, I have developed long-standing relationships with Plaintiff’s counsels, other defense counsels and client representatives.”
In addition to defending manufacturers, suppliers, and premises owners in toxic tort and environmental litigation, Margaret has substantial experience in handling a wide variety of contract and corporate law matters.
She has represented both publicly and privately held corporations in large, domestic and foreign transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and the drafting and negotiation of varying types of commercial agreements, including product licensing and research and development.
Margaret acknowledges the relationships she has developed as the most rewarding part of her practice. “I have had the privilege and good fortune of representing wonderful clients.” “It is through these representations that I have met some of the most interesting, talented, and knowledgeable people, including other attorneys, clients, representatives and even adversaries.”
When she’s not practicing law, Margaret can be found cheering on her daughters’ sports teams, supporting her beloved Mountaineers or fitting in a workout of her own.
- Asbestos Defense
- Mass Litigation
- Toxic Tort
- Product Litigation
- West Virginia State Bar, 1991 to present
- State Bar of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2004 to present
- Georgia State Bar, 2004 to present
- United States District Court for the Northern District of WV
- United States District Court for the Southern District of WV
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Various State Circuit Courts
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, WV (1991)
- B.S.B.A., Accounting, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV (1988)
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Monongalia County Bar Association, Member
- Alumni Association, Kappa Kappa Gamma Social Fraternity, Member
- Finance Council, St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Church, Member
Other Legal Experience
- Attorney/Partner, Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP (August 1998-March 2018)
- Attorney, Fusco & Newbraugh, L.C., Morgantown, WV (August 1991-July 1998)