Kurt’s Contact Information
- Practice Concentrations:
- Court Admissions:
- Representative Legal Work and Trial Work:
- Reported Cases:
- Community Involvement:
- Awards & Honors:
- Other Legal and Professional Experience:
Expect excellence, diligence and perseverance from Kurt Entsminger – who concentrates his practice on employment law and workplace liability. Representing a wide range of private and public sector clients, Kurt has served as lead counsel in nearly 50 civil and administrative trials and always remains focused on results.
A seasoned trial lawyer with more than 25 years of litigation experience, he believes “taking the time to fully understand your client’s practical needs and legal objectives is a key ingredient to optimum results.” That’s how he focuses his passion to find and pursue the most strategic ways to accomplish clients’ goals.
Outside of the office, Kurt is heavily involved in non-profit and church outreach to assist children and families in need.
- Employment Law
- Workplace Liability
- J.D. West Virginia University College of Law (1980)
- Graduated First in Class
- Order of the Coif
- West Virginia Law Review
- Patrick Koontz Duffy Law Award
- Arthur Kingdon Memorial Law Prize
- West Virginia Writing Award (1978)
- B.S. Economics West Virginia University (1977)
- Magna Cum Laude
- West Virginia Bankers Award to Top Economics Graduate
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for Northern District of West Virginia
Representative Legal Work and Trial Work:
- Represented clients in over 50 trials and administrative hearings.
- Represented United States agencies in several major coal valuation cases.
- Represented a major state university in several trials relating to construction of football stadium.
- Represented government, corporate, and individual clients in numerous employment cases.
- Represented a major national corporation in West Virginia Humans Right Commission Race Discrimination case.
- Appeared multiple times before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
- Richard Friel v. Kenton Meadows Company, Inc., No. 12-1470 (W. Va. Supreme Court, October 18, 2013) (memorandum decision)
- Board Member, Cross Roads Pregnancy Care Center
- Tutor, Boys and Girls Club
Awards & Honors:
- AV Preeminent® Peer-Review Rated by Martindale-Hubble®
- United States Attorney General Special Achievement Award (1990)
Other Legal and Professional Experience:
- Executive Director, Treatment Advocacy Center (2007 – 2008)
- President, Care Net (2003 – 2007)
- General Counsel, Care Net (1998 – 2003)
- Partner, Lamp ODell Bartram and Entsminger (1991 – 1998)
- Assistant United States Attorney, So. District W.Va (1986 – 1991)
- Associate and Partner, Love Wise & Woodroe (1980 – 1986)