Kaitlyn’s Contact Information
- Court Admissions:
- Written Work:
- Community Involvement:
- Awards & Honors:
- Other Legal Experience:
Kaitlyn Pytlak is a 2009 graduate of The Linsly School, a college preparatory school in Wheeling, West Virginia. It was there where she realized she possessed the characteristics and capabilities to be a successful attorney.
She joined Flaherty’s Charleston office in 2016 after serving as a summer associate there for two years. Kaitlyn’s practice focuses on healthcare law, medical malpractice defense, and commercial/general litigation.
“Because of values instilled in me at Linsly, I know how to examine each client’s situation critically and with an open mind. I truly enjoy working alongside my clients to get the results they want.”
Outside of the office, Kaitlyn has a passion for interior design, spending time with family, and collecting books.
- Executive Certificate in Leadership, University of Notre Dame (2017)
- Mendoza College of Business
- Emphasis: Foundations of Leadership, Strategic Leadership, and Leadership Challenges
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2016)
- West Virginia Law Review
- B.A., Wheeling Jesuit University, Political and Economic Philosophy (2012)
- summa cum laude
- Minor in International Studies
- Koch Foundation Research Fellow
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia (2016)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2016)
- A Class a Day Keeps the Lawyer Away: The Need for Interdisciplinary Legal Education in Medical School, DRI MedLaw Update (Volume 22, Issue 3)(2017).
- Tale as Old as Time: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Medical Record Documentation in the Age of Technology, USLAW Magazine Fall/Winter (2017).
- Vergebung Macht Frei—Forgiveness Liberates: The Need for Restorative Justice in the Resolution of Holocaust-like Crimes, 32 Ohio St. J. On Disp. Resol. 219 (2017).
- The Devil Wears Fraud–A: An Aristotelian–Randian Approach to Intellectual Property Law in the Fashion Industry, 15 Va. Sports & Ent. L.J. 273 (2016).
- West Virginia Medical Malpractice Law & Practical Concerns (AccessHealth: Teaching Health Center, 2018).
- Cross Roads Pregnancy Care Center, Member of the Board of Directors
- Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral, Member
- Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral, Religious Education Catechist
Awards & Honors:
- Executive Notes Editor, Volume 118 of the West Virginia Law Review, (2015-2016)
- Associate Editor, Volume 117 of the West Virginia Law Review, (2014-2015)
- CALI Award for Excellence: Lawyers as Leaders; Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation; and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Phi Sigma Tau National Philosophy Honor Society
- Dean’s List, Wheeling Jesuit University
Other Legal Experience:
- Research Assistant, Professor Joshua Weishart, West Virginia University College of Law (2015-2016)
- Dean’s Fellow: Civil Procedure Jurisdiction, West Virginia University College of Law Academic Excellence Program (2015)
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2014-2015)