Amy’s Contact Information
- Practice Concentrations:
- Representative Legal Work& Trial Experience:
- Reported Cases:
- Professional Involvement:
- Awards & Honors:
- Teaching & Lecturing:
- Writings & Publications:
- Legal Experience:
With a degree in microbiology, Amy Malone brings unique insight to her medical malpractice defense work. She has been practicing for nearly a decade handling an array of medical malpractice cases – representing radiologists, OB/GYNs, internal medicine/family practice physicians, nurses and hospitals – helping her clients protect their careers and reputations.
When asked about her true passion at work, Amy returns to her love of medicine. “Learning and understanding the medicine involved in each case is so important. We can win cases when we discover that the medicine does not indicate that the patient was harmed by the alleged medical negligence.”
Amy’s distinguishing ability is that she’s handled several multi-Plaintiff medical malpractice cases before the Federal MDL and in State court. In addition, she has tried multiple cases to verdict and obtained dismissals where the allegations were unsupported by the medical evidence.
- Medical Professional Liability
- General Litigation
- J.D., West Virginia University (2006)
- B.A., Miami University, Microbiology (2001)
Representative Legal Work& Trial Experience:
- Represented a radiologist in a personal injury case where plaintiff alleged that the radiologist improperly read a CT scan of the plaintiffs abdomen causing a delay in diagnosis of appendicitis
- Represented a radiologist in a personal injury case where plaintiff alleged that the radiologist improperly read a CT scan of the plaintiffs abdomen causing a delay in diagnosis of a perforated bowel
- Represented a gastroenterologist in a wrongful death case where plaintiff alleged that the gastroenterologist did not properly treat the decedent during a code situation causing the decedents death
- Represented a hospital in a medical malpractice case where plaintiff failed to file her claim within the statute of limitations
- Represented a gastroenterologist in a lost chance of life case where the plaintiff alleged that the gastroenterologist did not timely diagnose his metastatic colon cancer
- Represented a hospital in a medical negligence case where plaintiff failed to file his claim within the applicable statute of limitations
- Evans-Mack v. Oak Hill Hospital Corporation, — W. Va. —, — S.E.2d — (2010).
- West Virginia Bar Association (2006)
- Defense Trial Counsel of WV (2006)
- Defense Research Institute, Ethics Committee Member (2006)
- Kanawha County Bar Association (2006)
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (2005)
Awards & Honors:
- Listed, West Virginia Rising Stars (2013 – Present)
- Lugar Mock Trial National Traveling Team, West Virginia University (2004 – 2005)
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship Recipient (2005)
Teaching & Lecturing:
- Red Flag Rules, West Virginia Office Managers Association, Charleston, West Virginia, July 2009.
- Litigation A to Z, Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany, March 2009.
- Anti-Fraud Compliance: How Recent Changes in the Deficit Reduction Act Effect Health Care Providers, West Virginia Health Financial Management Association, Flatwoods, WV, April 2007.
Writings & Publications:
- The False Claims Act: Recent Changes Affecting Health Care Entities, Spring 2007 Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Newsletter (2007). Read the Article (PDF)
- Review of Recent West Virginia Supreme Court Cases Applicable to Physical Therapists – Fall/Winter Board of Physical Therapy Newsletter, edited by Don Sensabaugh and Alaina Stout (2006). Read the Article (PDF)
- Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2006 – Present)
- Summer Associate, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso (2004 – 2005)
- Secretary/Paralegal, Farmer, Cline & Arnold (2003)